Monday, July 7, 2008

The Best Tennis Match Ever!


The final match for the Men's singles. Roger Federer, 5 times in a row Wimbledon Champion, vs Rafael Nadal. What an amazing match. Each game had at least 10-15 stokes aside from the Aces served. There were a number of rain delays which gave them both a break but kept us wanted the game. Nadal winning the first two sets was disappointing and then Federer comes back and they go to a Tie Breaker, dominating the tie breaker Federer comes in strong in set number 4 but Nadal keeps it coming right back. Another Tie Breaker at the end of set 4. Their shots back and forth where unbelievable. They played for 7 plus hours with another rain delay at the very end of set 5. By the time thy got back on to play was around 8:30 in England. They both just pounded the ball back and forth and just when the game was about to be called for the night to return the next day. Nadal took the last three games.


I was on the edge of my seat and with my hands at my mouth during every shot. From disappointing shots to amazing recoveries I am now proud to say I am a HUGE fan of Tennis. The pose of the players, the speed and control of the game and just the overall respect of the game shows in the fans, announcers, the players and Wimbledon itself.
Tennis will be my new favorite game to watch come 08-08-2008 Beijing Olympics.

0 comments: